Sunday, July 31, 2011

Life Happens

I walk into the living room dragging my blanket behind me like my daughter does every morning. I plop myself down on the couch to wake up a little more and watch my daughter run to me like Christmas morning. Craig asked how I was feeling as he gets up to make my breakfast.  I am still not feeling myself but I am feeling much better than the day before.  As I listen to the Sprout Channel declare today is July 31, 2011, I turn towards Craig and tell him happy four years. He says, “four years of what”? Yeah that is something a man would say lol. He then realized four years of us dating three years of marriage. Since I had to quit my job from the pregnancy over a year and a half ago we stopped celebrating pretty much everything for each other. Now don’t get me wrong, we sit and talk about what we would have bought for each other and where we would have gone. However, in reality we are flat broke with a capital “B”. We spend all of our extra money on our daughter and giving her everything she needs or just wants. We were hoping by now we would be much further along on catching up on bills, but as the old saying goes, “Life happens”.  


My daughter has a test coming up on Thursday called a PH probe. This is where they spray her throat with medicine that numbs it and they insert a tube from her nose down into her tummy. A monitor is placed inside a back pack to tell us how many times she refluxes in an hour. Then they place some binds on her arms so she doesn’t pull out the tube. She is on adult strength reflux meds but her spasms have stopped. I haven’t seen one in over two months. My daughter has a rare syndrome called Sandifer’s Syndrome. This is basically where her reflux is so painful her body  will spasm from it. At first, we thought she was having seizures. I am thankful that is reflux and not seizures. This test is to see if her reflux is still as bad and if we can pull back from the meds at all.  So if you read this and you are a believer in the power of prayer, please say a little prayer for her. Say one for me too, I will need some patience because this tube will do nothing but piss her off for 24 hours! We will have to take shifts to sleep as well. We need to make sure she doesn’t get tangled in the cords. 


Anyways, (sidebar: I remember reading a blog that said they hate the word anyways and that anyways isn’t a word so this anyways is for you lol. Sorry but I do use it all of the time).  Other than having my hubby wait on me hand and foot all weekend, I did actually get some work done.  Tomorrow is back to reality. Have a great week everyone.  

Please excuse the phone pics. The last thing on my mind when heading to the ER was the camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment