Friday, July 8, 2011

And so it begins.....

So I guess I am finally jumping onto the blogging train. I am not a huge fan of writing, or  reading at that, but I thought I need a space to write my thoughts. Hey maybe if I am lucky I will actually have some pretty cool people follow me too. If not, well at least my mom will think I am cool! 

I actually got this great idea by watching Jasmine Star's first Creative Live Class online. If you ever need a plethora of useful information, that class is perfect for it.  In this class she has teamed up with the very hunky, Chase Jarvis to shoot and document a wedding live. It is a very different way of learning about weddings. It gives you more of a hands on experience. The best part of all is you get the feel that Jasmine is teaching you one on one. I gotta say Jasmine is one of my photographer crushes (that would be defined as someone I secretly stalk online and fall in love with her pictures). Anyways, after listening to her reasoning behind starting a blog I decided I will give it a go. Maybe there will be someone that can learn something from this and if not, I am sure I am all sorts of fun to laugh at. 

I decided to use the blog name Kim It instead of Emotional Accord. I feel Emotional Accord is too professional and I wanted to be a bit more laid back on here. The name Kim It came from my husband because if someone asks me a question I don't know, I always say....yep you got it...."Google It". So after saying this a few thousand times, he now says, "Hey Kim It". You can still see my business name at the top where my email address is and I will refer to it often www.emotionalaccord.com

So what is going on in my life today. I had lunch at Black Eyed Peas (not our first choice, but our first choice was smashed due to them not paying their taxes and the government seizing the building). Our second choice was actually Road House, but they don't open until 4pm! So off we went to eat at Black Eyed Peas with my mom, husband, my adorable diva, Evie, and my grandparents. In just a bit I am going to check out a Church that I am shooting a wedding at tomorrow. I want to get a feel for the lighting and where the bride and groom will be getting dressed. I am also going to stop by and check out the reception hall. I will make a few notes as to the layout of the two places and mark a few places that would be good for taking formals at. I am going at the time of the wedding to judge where to good light is and I will make a note of my readings. They may change a bit tomorrow but since we are in a drought and we are being compared to the Sahara Desert, I think it will be pretty close. Funny and true story, I went to go look up the church on Google to see where about it was and I clicked on the first one that popped up with the correct information. It was a review site and noted below was one review. I read it, and I promise I am not lying, it said, "I WOULD NOT EVEN GIVE THIS ONE STAR". Now not only is that person going straight to hell, but what could be so wrong about a Catholic Church? I mean, I don't totally agree with everything Catholicism says, but come on it is a house of God.....right? So, for back up I am taking the husband. speaking of, I better go get ready.

Kimberlee Peterson
www.emotionalaccord.com

No comments:

Post a Comment