Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dreaming the Big Dream!

Craig turns to me and says, “One thing I have learned from living here is that I put my dishes in the dishwasher”! I think I literally heard Angels singing lol. We live in my mom’s garage that has been converted into a 400 square foot room. My hubby, my daughter and myself all stay in there. We are renting out our first house trying to catch up on medical bills and bills in general from the complicated pregnancy and my daughter’s illness.

I am thankful it is Saturday for many reasons. One being that my hubby is home to help me out with the baby. The second is that I am sick and my hubby is here to help out with the baby! I have spent today downloading pictures onto CD’s and watching movies…Legally Blonde 1 and 2 (I remember when everyone use to refer to me as a walking Barbie Doll. That was before 6 months of bedrest and an almost 9 lb baby girl). Don’t get me wrong, every pound and every second in bed was worth making sure my daughter arrived her safe and sound and full term). Anyways, I also watched My Sister’s Keeper (which reminded me of one of my best friend that died of cancer at the age of 14), Big Brother After Dark (I needed a dose of a reality show thrown in there) and Mamma Mia.  I sat back and was in deep thought about how everyone around me would react if I just jumped up into a dance and song number about how sick I was feeling. I could see them rolling me into a white padded room shortly after my song and dance number was over. 

I then read up on some of my favorite photographer’s blogs to gain some inspiration. It is nice to see that even the Big Dogs of Photography had to struggle and find their way too. I guess we all forget that they had to start from somewhere. But of course then reality sets in that they are now earning enough to live off of and we are just starting our battle. I decided I want to make a dream board.  Like a lot of photographers, I am a list maker and I need a visual of what I have accomplished.  I will feel good pulling stuff off the dream board but of course they will be replaced with more. But isn’t that what we are supposed to do, keep dreaming the big dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment