Monday, July 11, 2011

I am going to be an Aunt.....well sort of

So I have some exciting news...I am going to be an Aunt...sort of lol. 

My Best Friend, Jenn, is almost 16 weeks pregnant with a baby girl. She is the God Mother of my 13 month old daughter and I am thrilled for her to be pregnant for many reasons. Jenn and I met on a baby forum a little over a year ago. I was 17 weeks pregnant when my water broke. This is called pPROM (Preterm Premature Rupture of Membranes). After being in the hospital and feeling rather lost I went and joined a bed rest group. I could not find anyone with a story like mine and was feeling very alone. Then two special women came into my life that just had the same thing happen to them. One of those women was Jenn. Her water ruptured at 13 weeks and we relied on each other for comfort and support. This is the hardest fight either of us had ever been through. We both remained hopeful and prayed harder than we ever had. For whatever reason, I was able to reseal and carry my daughter to 37 weeks and 2 days on top of all of the mounting complications. However, my best friend, who feels more like my sister, lost her baby girl at 26 weeks. We all felt like we got kicked in the gut. We couldn't understand why her daughter couldn't be saved and through it all Jenn and I were able to keep our connection growing. I flew out to NJ to attend and shoot her wedding. I brought my husband, mom and most importantly...I brought my daughter. They instantly took to each other and to this day Evie loves to talk to her Aunt Jenn. I think it is important to mention that Jenn and I had only talked through texting, emails, phone calls and mainly the forum. The first time we met was in NJ for her wedding and we felt like we had known each other for years. Being able to see the incredible woman who got me through my battle and stayed by my side when I won and she was defeated was.....there are no words to describe how special she is to me. There are many times we reflected on how things should have been and why they are they way they are. We never quite understood God's plan until now. My best friend is currently pregnant with a healthy baby girl with lots of fluid surrounding her. While other doctors told her there is no way she would ever carry another child, this baby is so strong and was just meant to be here. I truly believe it wasn't time for Sarah to be here yet. Even though we grieve for her often, I feel in a sense a piece of Sarah is coming back and she is watching over her Mommy and her baby sister. Sometimes God puts us through things to remind us we need to turn to him when we are in need instead of running from him. We may not always understand his plan and it may seem so cruel at that moment; but in the end, God always sheds his love and light on us. 

Congrats to my best friend Jenn and her family and Sarah please know we think of you often and we miss you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment