Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Type A and Stepping Out….


I haven’t blogged in a while because so much has been going on. I decided I am sick and tired of waiting for people to come to me because it wasn’t working! I enrolled back in school to finish my Associate’s degree. I am only about 10 classes away from obtaining that degree. I also started applying for jobs to get back into my field of Executive Administrator.  I would rather focus my attention on my photography and stay at home with my daughter, but our financial issues are not getting any better.  So, I figured if I can get my Associate’s this will help me land a job that has a steady income. A steady income means I can get back into my home, pay off bills, get out of debt and buy some more of the photography equipment I need to fulfill my dreams. 

If you asked me where I want to be in 5 years from now I would say I would love to be in a home on some land. On that land I would like to have a small studio that isn’t attached to the house. I would love to build the landscape around my home to make different scenes that I would love to shoot at. For instance: a bridge over a pond, a big water fountain attached to this pond, a beautiful garden, some trees to make a faux wooded area ….you get the idea. During the days I am not using my studio, I would rent it out to other photographers that were in need of it. I would have all of my equipment there for them to use and they would pay a flat rate for a few hours. In order to get this dream going I need some serious cash! So, I am making the move to go back to school and work to fulfill this dream.  I am not quitting my photography or shutting down the business. I am still going to do photo shoots and try to build my cliental up. I have also enrolled at NYIP to take some photography courses and those are all go at your own pace. I know my days are about to be loaded up and I will be overwhelmed, over tired and just plain hectic. This is just something I need to do to get me to the end point I want and need. 

Which brings me to being a Type A personality. I was reading Jasmine’s blog tonight and she had listed the character traits of Type A and Type B personalities. As I read them to Craig to see what is input was, I only had to read the first three and he was like YEP that is you! I was a bit stunned because I didn’t really think I fit into either one of them; somehow this became the discussion of the night. Now everyone is coming up with examples of how I am Type A.  I am going to take this as a positive thing and use it to my advantage: Dream Big or Go Home….or in my case back to your mom’s garage. 

I am ready to take control over my own life and live to see my dreams come true. My sticky on my lap top says "she believed she could so she did"!


No comments:

Post a Comment