Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My AH HA Moment on gaining new clients.

The past few weeks I have been sitting here having my little pity party. I was re-energized by the fabulous Jasmine Star with the help of TWiT. TWiT had her on for about an hour and a half and as always Jasmine did not fail with her delivery of helpful and inspirational stories. One thing that she said helped me get into my AH HA moment. When I do free shoots I just ask people on my Facebook or friends if they would mind having a free shoot done. I was being closed minded about free shoot. I was thinking just in terms of experience. However, I should be thinking in terms of business and gaining clients. Of course no one minds a free shoot but I should be giving free shoots out to people with connections and people that are in my target range. So first I sat down and thought of who is in my target range. Well I am a Sex in the City type of Gal so I want fashionable, higher end people with an age range between 27 to late 30’s. This doesn’t mean I am not going to shoot newborns, children or seniors, this just means I need their parent’s and the seniors to fit into this style. 

So, yesterday I was talking to my insurance agent and he said he was looking to get family pictures and would keep me in mind. At the time I was having a bad day, I was tired and I was thinking to myself, “Yeah right, you are not going to call me”. However, today my AH HA moment hit me while driving home from an interview. I need to secure him as a client. How will I do this? I will give him a free shoot with the CD of pictures. In return, I get my pictures hanging on his walls at home and in his office. Since he is an insurance agent he talks to a wide range of people every day. Friends, Family and clients will ask who took their pictures and they can give out my information. He fits my target range and there is NO WAY he will turn down a free shoot.  So, I am going to call him back and make him the offer here in a bit. But I am not stopping with him! I am calling my realtor and Management Company and a few more people that fit this target to offer them the same thing. I have a good feeling about this! I will gain experience and connections and that is just as good as cash! Plus this is free advertising! Word of mouth is the way to go. 


I think my sticky note is working! 


No comments:

Post a Comment