Friday, August 5, 2011

The LoveCat

As I read through J*’s blog, I noticed she mentioned a book called “Love is the Killer App” by Tim Sanders. This was just the book I was looking for! I ordered it and started reading it a few days ago. This book talks about how to move up in business today is to be a LoveCat. A LoveCat is someone that is generous with his/her knowledge, contacts and themselves. I love this philosophy because I know it works. At my last job I met a LoveCat and that is who started to train me. I noticed right away she was a genuine person, she shared her knowledge instead of hoarding it to herself, everyone LOVED her and she had loads of contacts. She knew EVERYONE! I knew right then, I wanted to be just like her! She took me under her wing and I soaked up everything from her.

A few years later she had moved on and I had become the new LoveCat. I didn’t even realize it until after I left the job. I look back and I shared all of my information with the new girls that came in, I was nice to everyone even if they weren’t so nice to me, I would read and gain any knowledge I could about my job and the project I was on and I couldn’t go 5 feet down the hallway without someone asking me how everything was going. I now had tons of contacts! Not just through my project but the company as well as the clients. I loved being the LoveCat. Everyone knew they could trust me, they enjoyed being around me, they knew I would help in any way I could and they knew I was a genuine person. 

I am proud to be a LoveCat and I strive for this blog to do the same thing I did at my old job. I want this blog to connect me with photographers and friends all over the world. I want us all the soak up knowledge from each other and share it with anyone who wants it, I want my clients to trust me and I want all of us to be LoveCats. 


Thanks J* for the recommendation and thank you for being a LoveCat.

No comments:

Post a Comment