Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tie Dye Cupcakes and First Winner of Help Me Pay My Bills


Congrats to Elen for winning the first Help Me Pay My Bills Face book Deal. She got a great photo session for only $46.49 (plus tax).  Since so many people are loving this idea I will be doing another one next Tuesday at 8pm CST on my face book page. 

I am trying to be a little bit craftier since my daughter is getting older and loves to try new things. On Halloween night I decided to bake tie dyed cupcakes. She loves cupcakes and I just had to try these out. I got the idea from Little Hero Capes Blog. I did cupcakes instead of the cake so instead of pouring the layers into a pan, take one tablespoon of the first color and pour into all of the cupcake trays, the one tablespoon of the next color and so on. I used a different spoon for each of the colors. At the end I used a tooth pick to swirl the colors in the molds before popping into the oven. I also recommend using super moist cake mix because I heard that using the food coloring can make the cupcakes a bit tougher. Bake the cupcakes as it says on the box and this is what you get….

 

No comments:

Post a Comment